IT ServiSource (Pty) Ltd understand the importance of protecting your personal data.
This Privacy Statement describes how IT ServiSource (Pty) Ltd collects and uses your personal data, who we share it with, and your choices and rights in relation to your personal data.
It applies to personal data that we collect from you during your interactions with us, whether online, including through our websites (including mobile sites) and social media sites (“Sites”), mobile applications (“Apps”) (collectively “Online Services”) that link to this Privacy Statement, in writing or orally, or personal data that we may collect offline or receive from third parties.
Personal data is any information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual.
Depending on how you interact with us, personal data we collect may include:
• your name;
• email address;
• postal address;
• telephone number;
• log-in and account information for authentication purposes and account access;
• your gender; and
• social media account information.
We may also collect other information that does not personally identify you. Such other information includes browser and device information, website and application usage data, IP addresses, demographic information such as marketing preferences, geographic location, primary language, and information collected through cookies and other technologies or information that has been anonymised or aggregated. If we link this information with your personal data, we will treat that linked information as personal data.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us when requested. However, if this is necessary to provide you with our solutions and services, access to our Online Services, or to perform administrative functions, we may be unable to do these things.
We do not collect sensitive personal data about you, e.g. information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs, or sexual orientation and ask that you do not send or provide this information to us.
We may collect your personal data from you in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including:
When we process your personal data in connection with the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the purpose for which the processing activity is undertaken and the nature of our relationship with you:
• our legitimate interests (or those of a third party with whom we share your personal data) for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, including direct marketing, for business and administrative purposes, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require protection of personal data.
• where this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation on us.
• to protect the vital interests of any individual.
• where you have consented.
We may use your personal data to:
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with our legal obligations, or for our legitimate business interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation and for our legitimate business interests.
We may share your personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement (as applicable):
Any third parties with whom we share personal data are contractually required to implement appropriate data protection and security measures to protect personal data and are not permitted to use personal data for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are provided with or given access to personal data.
IT ServiSource (Pty) Ltd is committed to protecting your personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure by using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose your personal data do the same.
• enabling you to sign in to our Online Services;
• authenticating you;
• keeping track of information you have provided to us;
• improving your browsing experience;
• customising our interactions with you;
• storing and managing your preferences and settings;
• compiling statistical data;
• analysing the performance and usability of our Online Services;
• measuring traffic patterns for our Online Services; and
• determining which areas of our Online Services have been visited.
These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our Online Services including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
Our Online Services may also contain web beacons or similar technologies from third party analytics providers, through which they collect information about your activities across our Online Services to help us compile aggregated statistics.
Our Online Services may contain links to third party websites and applications. We are not responsible for and make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices or content of any third party websites and applications. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the applicable third party privacy statement and is at your own risk.
We may send you direct marketing communications about our solutions and services. You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from IT ServiSource (Pty) Ltd by email, SMS, post and phone. You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
• sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• including your details and a description of the marketing material you no longer wish to receive from us. We will comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If you opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, we may still send you administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our solutions and services, which you will be unable to opt out of.
We do not provide your personal data to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes or sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal data commercially available to any third party.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
• we are under a legal, contractual or other obligation to retain personal data, or as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes;
• personal data is needed to maintain accurate business and financial records;
• there are automated means to enable you to access and delete your personal data at any time;
• the personal data is sensitive personal data in which event we will generally retain this for a shorter period of time;
• you have consented to us retaining your personal data for a longer retention period, in which case, we will retain personal data in line with your consent.
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time
We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about how your personal data is handled by IT ServiSource (Pty) Ltd, you have a privacy concern or you wish to make a request or a complaint relating to your personal data, please contact us:
You can reach us at email@example.com